- Vine-covered terrace with outdoor seating, dining table and chairs
- Built-in charcoal/wood barbecue
- Door opening direct from kitchen to eating area
Well equipped kitchen/diner with plenty of crockery/cutlery/glassware for four people, plus:
- Double sink
- Two induction rings, two gas burners
- Multi-function electric oven
- Good sized fridge/freezer
Open arch to:
A large room with tiled floor and rugs. A range of comfortable sofas and armchairs around a log-burning stove in inglenook fireplace (all logs supplied). Door to inner hallway with plenty of hanging space plus cloakroom with w.c. and basin. Open stairs from lounge lead to master bedroom.
- Very large room with wide chestnut floorboards and rugs
- Antique large double brass bed with ceiling fan over
- Day bed can be used as child’s bed
- Door onto balcony with table and chairs for two
- Large walk-in wardrobe
- Good sized en suite bathroom with original cast iron roll-top bath, shower cubicle, basin and w.c.
Back downstairs, from far end of kitchen, two steps lead up through a small inner hallway to the downstairs bedroom.
- Cast iron double bed (140 cm)
- Wardrobe and dresser
- Window seat with lovely views over garden
- En suite facilities with shower, basin and w.c.
- The main buildings are arranged around a central courtyard, perfect for parking or for games of boules
- Shade is provided by a huge old walnut tree
- Courtyard gates can be closed for extra security for children
Across the courtyard is:
THE GAMES ROOM
- Huge (12m x 8m approx.) single-storey building open to rafters for good air circulation
- Central wooden floor with step up to raised, carpeted side areas
- Sofas, rugs and cushions for flexible seating arrangements
- A light and bright space for the whole group to gather to socialise, play or eat
- Ping pong and snooker tables
- Library corner with a large range of novels
- Childrens play corner with toys, games, jigsaws and books
From the games room, double doors (padlocked for security) open to:
- Solar heated
- Fully fenced with padlocked access to games room and play lawn
- Extra security via alarm system which can be activated when you are at the poolside
- Double-level outdoor space with lounge furniture, dining tables and chairs, sunloungers
- Wonderful views over wooded valley below
- Normally open between end May and end September
- Access via gate from pool area, but still accessible when pool enclosure is locked
- Level lawned area for badminton, croquet, mini football etc
- Fenced for easy supervision of children
- Large wooden swing set with two swings, platform, rope ladder and slide
- Shaded seating area under eucalyptus trees
- Sand pit under weeping willows for shady playtimes
WILD MEADOW AND WOODLAND
- Accessible through gate at bottom of play lawn, or from vegetable garden
- Approximately 3 acres of wildflower and grassland wilderness
- Perfect for larger games (rounders etc) or just relaxing and watching the wildlife
- A further 7 acres of woodland to explore
ORGANIC VEGETABLES GARDEN & CHICKENS
- A range of vegetables in season for guests to help themselves to
- Guests are welcome to help in the garden – children love it!
- We often also have stores of home-grown potatoes, garlic, onions etc – just ask
- Composting bins for your organic kitchen waste
- Chickens in large separate enclosure
- Children can enjoy collecting their own breakfast eggs and feeding food scraps to the chickens
28 March – 22 May 2020
Minimum Stay: 3 nights
23 May – 3 July 2020
Minimum stay: 4 nights
29 August – 26 September 2020
Minimum Stay: 4 Nights
27 September – 31 October 2020
Minimum Stay: 3 nights
Toulouse Blagnac (Easyjet/Jet2/British Airways/FlyBe/RyanAir and other international airlines) is an hour and three-quarters drive away.
Rodez (served by Ryan Air from Dublin, Charleroi and Porto, plus Air France from Paris & Hexair from Lyon) is even closer - about forty minutes drive.
At about the same distance away is Brive Dordogne, which is served by Cityjet and RyanAir.
Les Chataigniers is around 75 minutes drive from Junction 56 on the Autoroute A20 at Labastide Murat. If using the Autoroute A75, Junction 42 for Rodez/Severac le Chateau is a similar distance away from the house.
Using Eurostar via Paris, it takes less than 9 hours to get from London to Cahors (90 minutes' drive away) where car hire is available. Other stations close by include Rodez and Figeac (if coming from Paris and the north) and Carmaux (if coming from Toulouse and the south). Detailed routes and timetables are available at www.voyages-sncf.com or contact us for help in planning your journey.