Large terrace/deck area to two sides, with areas of sun/shade and dining furniture which can be flexibly arranged to suit larger or smaller groups. Large gas barbecue next to kitchen (bottled gas supplied).
Large tiled hallway with cloakroom with w.c. and hand basin off. WiFi access via Livebox.
Snug beamed lounge with:
- Comfortable seating for 8 adults, additional floor cushions etc.
- Inset glass-fronted fireplace (logs supplied)
- Flat screen TV with DVD player, free-to-air
- UK and French channels
- Range of books, maps, games, jigsaws
Well-equipped kitchen/dining area with plenty of crockery/cutlery/glassware for large groups. Double doors open onto the deck. Kitchen area laid out for ease of working, with:
- Range cooker with 3 electric multi-function ovens
- 5 gas rings include wok burner; electric plate warmer
- Large American style fridge/freezer with ice maker
- Dishwasher and microwave
- Central island unit
- Double ceramic sink
- Antique double bed (140 cm wide)
- Twin room (can be made into a double)
- Very large and adaptable bedroom which can accommodate twin, large double or triple beds
- Double aspect windows with far-reaching views to south-west
- Plenty of space for a cot
- En suite facilities with shower/basin/w.c.
- Large room with 140 cm double bed
- Original armoire built into wall
- Newly refurbished en suite bathroom with multi-jet power shower and w.c.
- Handbasin in bedroom, set into lovely old dressing table
- Large room with plenty of space for a cot
- Can be made up as a twin or as a large double room
- Newly refitted, fully tiled en suite with walk-in shower, basin and w.c.
- Lovely old mirror-front wardrobe
- Newly refitted limestone tiled en suite with walk-in shower, basin and w.c.
- Can be made up as a twin or large double room
- Plenty of drawer space, plus hanging rack
- Charming single room – also suitable to be a cot room
- Antique cast-iron single bed
- Drawer storage and hanging rack
- The main buildings are arranged around a central courtyard, perfect for parking or for games of boules
- Shade is provided by a huge old walnut tree
- Courtyard gates can be closed for extra security for children
Across the courtyard is:
THE GAMES ROOM
- Huge (12m x 8m approx.) single-storey building open to rafters for good air circulation
- Central wooden floor with step up to raised, carpeted side areas
- Sofas, rugs and cushions for flexible seating arrangements
- A light and bright space for the whole group to gather to socialise, play or eat
- Ping pong and snooker tables
- Library corner with a large range of novels
- Childrens play corner with toys, games, jigsaws and books
From the games room, double doors (padlocked for security) open to:
- Solar heated
- Fully fenced with padlocked access to games room and play lawn
- Extra security via alarm system which can be activated when you are at the poolside
- Double-level outdoor space with lounge furniture, dining tables and chairs, sunloungers
- Wonderful views over wooded valley below
- Normally open between end May and end September
- Access via gate from pool area, but still accessible when pool enclosure is locked
- Level lawned area for badminton, croquet, mini football etc
- Fenced for easy supervision of children
- Large wooden swing set with two swings, platform, rope ladder and slide
- Shaded seating area under eucalyptus trees
- Sand pit under weeping willows for shady playtimes
WILD MEADOW AND WOODLAND
- Accessible through gate at bottom of play lawn, or from vegetable garden
- Approximately 3 acres of wildflower and grassland wilderness
- Perfect for larger games (rounders etc) or just relaxing and watching the wildlife
- A further 7 acres of woodland to explore
ORGANIC VEGETABLES GARDEN & CHICKENS
- A range of vegetables in season for guests to help themselves to
- Guests are welcome to help in the garden – children love it!
- We often also have stores of home-grown potatoes, garlic, onions etc – just ask
- Composting bins for your organic kitchen waste
- Chickens in large separate enclosure
- Children can enjoy collecting their own breakfast eggs and feeding food scraps to the chickens
25 March – 26 May 2017
Minimum Stay: 4 Nights
27 May – 7 July 2017
2 September – 29 September 2017
Minimum stay: 5 nights
8 July – 1 September 2017
Minimum Stay: 1 Week
30 September – 28 October 2017
Minimum Stay: 4 nights
Toulouse Blagnac (Easyjet/Jet2/British Airways/FlyBe/RyanAir and other international airlines) is an hour and three-quarters drive away.
Rodez (served by Ryan Air from Dublin, Charleroi and Porto, plus Air France from Paris & Hexair from Lyon) is even closer - about forty minutes drive.
At about the same distance away is Brive Dordogne, which is served by Cityjet and RyanAir.
Les Chataigniers is around 75 minutes drive from Junction 56 on the Autoroute A20 at Labastide Murat. If using the Autoroute A75, Junction 42 for Rodez/Severac le Chateau is a similar distance away from the house.
Using Eurostar via Paris, it takes less than 9 hours to get from London to Cahors (90 minutes' drive away) where car hire is available. Other stations close by include Rodez and Figeac (if coming from Paris and the north) and Carmaux (if coming from Toulouse and the south). Detailed routes and timetables are available at www.voyages-sncf.com or contact us for help in planning your journey.